Search engine optimization is really a fast-paced game. This is the reason why small-business owners are easily intimidated.
You should invest a lot of time learning the basics and trends once in a while. Now that 2018 is ending, it’s time once again to review your search engine marketing strategy. Here are some essential SEO tips and tricks that can help you and other bloggers optimize seo website in the coming months.
Find and choose the right keywords.
Do you know that there’s one method that hasn’t changed in the past few years? It’s keyword research. Keyword research is the foundation for successful on-page SEO, link building and content marketing processes.
Keywords determine the niche visibility and relevance of your website in specific search terms. If you’re doing a particular SEO activity, and still don’t have specific target keywords in mind, then you are wasting your time.
Picking the right keywords does take a bit of effort, but trust me, it’s not rocket science.
If you need a reliable tool to help you out, you can use Google AdWords Keyword Planner. It is completely free, and you only need one valid Google account to start right away. Just a piece of advice: make sure to find the balance between keyword demand and competitiveness.
3 ways to refine your keyword search:
- Add more context. You should focus on long-tail SEO keywords to ensure more targeted traffic.
- Incite action. Target potential customers by adding action-oriented phrases like “for rent” and “for sale.”
- Mention your location. Narrow down your keyword search and be more location-specific.
Never skimp on your on-page SEO efforts.
On-page optimization is a tactic that is still tried and true. SEO expert professionals agree that mentioning a specific keyword 2 to 4 times in the content is a brilliant idea.
Keep in mind though that keyword stuffing is also a bad idea. Never ever do it. You wouldn’t want to disrupt your readers’ experience in any way. The best thing to do is just focus on a natural writing style while incorporating targeted keywords.
Moreover, you would want to ensure that your keywords are in these important key elements:
Page meta description
H1 and H2
Do you use WordPress? If yes, then the most convenient way to modify these page titles and meta descriptions is through Yoast SEO. It offers a visual editor for your webpage’s snippet. Do this properly then you will be able to improve your click-through rates and conversions!
Optimize the images in your blog posts.
When it comes to SEO, one overlooked topic is image optimization. Yes, users are still drawn to visual content, just like before.
Sounds intimidating? It’s actually very easy. You just have to change the photos filename and ALT tag, then you’re done. That’s it.
At this point, it’s finally safe to assume that you already know how to modify a photo’s filename. However, when it comes to the ALT tag, the process highly depends on what website platform you are using. In WordPress, you can change the ALT or “alternative text” attribute under image details. This option is accessible straight from the post editor or from the media library.
Give your backlink profile its much-needed boost.
Done covering on-page optimization, images and keyword selection. We are now on off-page SEO—a whole new ballgame! Off-page SEO basically starts and ends with the blogger’s backlink profile.
Take note that search engines utilize your backlink profile to identify relevance, authority and overall rank worthiness. Some backlinks from other popular sources can also signal trust, which is SEO’s another deciding factor. Now it becomes clear that link building is set to become your bread and butter in the long term.
A few quick tips to help boost your blog and website’s backlink profiles?
- Offer special discounts. Why not pass along a special offer to a business partner? This is a great way to get some referrals and earn a link.
- Reclaim lost links. Did you update a webpage’s URL? Or did you remove it altogether? If yes, then you could have a few lost or broken links. You can use tools such as Monitor Backlinks and Ahrefs to help you recover them by contacting the link’s source.
- Create skyscraper content. Skyscraper technique can be your ticket to more authoritative backlinks. You just need to rewrite something more valuable, find famous content, and share it with it bloggers and influencers.
Track and monitor your data.
Without tracking the right data, you’re not going to learn much from your SEO efforts. Come to think about it. How can you even know if a particular strategy worked? You can’t design a self-sustaining SEO tactic overnight. If you want to grow and eventually rank high in search engines, you should learn how to measure results.
Always track your backlink profile. Monitor other key performance indicators like search rankings, web traffic and click-through rates. Only then will you be able to create important data-driven decisions.
Here are some SEO tools that can help you with analytics:
- Google Analytics. Is there a website owner who doesn’t use Google Analytics? This is very helpful when it comes to tracking raw website data like bounce rates, session durations and traffic sources.
- Google Search Console. Need a one-stop shop for all things SEO? Well, this is it. Be sure to get this tool and explore it as soon as you can.
- By Neil Patel-SEO Analyzer:. This is a free tool for SEO that can offer bloggers quick website insights.
The SEO tips and tricks laid out above can take a lot of time and energy to implement. Don’t worry though, your efforts wouldn’t go to waste since these are the techniques which are here to stay. For bloggers and webmasters to convince the algorithms successfully in order to push to the top ranking in the topmost slots, they need to ensure their articles are aligned with the targeted topic and keyword.